All TUEgether campaign benefited 6,470 nonprofit organizations, including matching funds and prize money for eligible customers
WASHINGTON, DC – Dec. 2, 2015 – Network for Good, a nonprofit-owned B Corporation that provides fundraising software and coaching for nonprofits, today announced results of its 2015 #GivingTuesday campaign: In 27 hours yesterday, through midnight Pacific Time, 45,949 donors gave more than $6.55 million to benefit 6,470 nonprofit organizations. Network for Good awarded matching funds and prizes to eligible charities.
Network for Good’s 2015 #GivingTuesday™ campaign, which featured tools, webinars, training and donor incentives to support charities in year-end fundraising, culminated yesterday, Dec. 1 – a global day of giving held annually since 2012 on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Total dollars raised exceeded last year’s figure by 50 percent, and the number of donors was up 67 percent.
“Our customers’ success raising money on #GivingTuesday proves that even small to medium-sized nonprofits can play with the big leagues by leveraging tried-and-true tools and tactics to engage loyal donors and attract new ones,” said Caryn Stein, Network for Good’s vice president, communications and content. “Based on our experience, charities who excel during #GivingTuesday have a more successful end-of-year giving season overall.”
Network for Good awarded $100,000 in matching funds to eligible customers. In addition, the following nonprofits have been awarded prize money:
- For most donations raised on #GivingTuesday (in dollars): First place, the Sikh Coalition; second place, Somerset Elementary School Foundation in Rockville, MD; and third place, Middle East Cultural and Charitable Society, Inc. in Cambridge, MA.
- For most donors participating in #GivingTuesday: First place, Wildlife SOS; second place, Middle East Cultural and Charitable Society; and third place, Austin Pets Alive.
- For most new recurring monthly donors (based on the number of individuals who pledge on #GivingTuesday to give a set amount each month): First place, Wildlife SOS; second place, Middle East Cultural and Charitable Society; and third place, the Yoga Seed Collective.
In each category, Network for Good awarded $2,500 to the nonprofit in first place, $1,000 for second place, and $500 for third place.
Honorable mentions – based on Network for Good analysis and observation – go to the following nonprofits:
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing for the Best Social Campaign
- Homes for Our Troops for Most Time on Network for Good Leaderboard
- Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation for Rookie of the Year
Visit http://www.networkforgood.com/resources for the latest updates, to register for webinars, and to download free resources, tools and tips.
About Network for Good
Network for Good – a nonprofit-owned B Corporation – offers innovative donation and peer fundraising software for nonprofits, plus the expertise, training, and support to drive successful campaigns. Since 2001, Network for Good has distributed $1 billion to over 100,000 charities through its secure online giving platform. Its Certified B Corporation software company offers fundraising software and coaching for nonprofits, and works with corporate partners to implement cause initiatives with its online giving platform. Website: www.networkforgood.com
#GivingTuesday™ is a campaign to designate a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season, following Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Founded in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y in partnership with the United Nations Foundation, #GivingTuesday celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations. Website: http://givingtuesday.org/