Bethesda/August 4, 2011 – Network for Good, the Internet’s leading nonprofit giving platform, has a unique perspective on the experience and behaviors of charitable giving across several distinct channels including: Individual charity websites, charity portals and social giving (peer-to-peer) websites. As a platform powering giving opportunities across all three of these channels, Network for Good has created this Online Giving Index with insights and trends to inform charitable engagement for nonprofits seeking to strengthen relationships with donors and corporate partners seeking to integrate giving in online consumer or employee initiatives.
This update to the Network for Good Online Giving Index includes trends and analysis on $55 million in donations to more than 20,000 charities through the Network for Good platform in Q1 and Q2 2011. This includes donations to Network for Good’s nonprofit customers through their own websites and donations to other nonprofits through 25 corporate partner websites and Network for Good’s giving portals at www.NetworkforGood.com and www.SixDegrees.org.
- Overall giving increased for both Q1 2011 and Q2 2011, compared to the same periods in 2010.
- Charity Website giving saw mixed results across the first half of 2011, compared to the same period in 2010.
- Charity Websites with branded donation pages achieved 5x more donation dollars, on average, than sites with generic donation pages.
- Disaster giving for Japan tsunami relief was a primary driver of Portal Giving in Q1 2011.
- Social Giving increased for both Q1 2011 and Q2 2011 compared to the same periods in 2010 due to a mix of disaster-related and personal fundraising campaigns.
Quarterly updates to this Index are available at www.onlinegivingstudy.org/quarterlyindex.
About Network for Good
Network for Good is a nonprofit social enterprise that empowers nonprofits and corporate partners to unleash generosity with scalable ways to advance good causes. We also help nonprofits raise funds for their missions through simple, affordable and effective online fundraising services and offer free training through our online learning center (www.Fundraising123.org) and webinar series (www.Nonprofit911.org). Network for Good has processed approximately $525 million in donations for more than 60,000 nonprofits since its 2001 founding by AOL, Cisco and Yahoo. www.networkforgood.com
Chief Strategy Officer
katya [dot] andresen [at] networkforgood [dot] org
Senior Manager, Partnerships
kate [dot] olsen [at] networkforgood [dot] org