Next Tuesday, November 27, is one of the most exciting days of the year for any nonprofit. Every year, on #GivingTuesday, donors across the country turn their attention to their year-end giving. No other day creates the same worldwide feeling of philanthropy and goodwill. In 2017, 300 million dollars was raised online. With an opportunity like that, you don’t want to be caught snoozing.
Is it too late to have a successful #GivingTuesday?
Not at all! Harnessing the power of #GivingTuesday is easier than you may think. All it takes is a little planning and creativity. Download our Ultimate #GivingTuesday Checklist for detailed steps to make this #GivingTuesday a success. You’ve got this!
- Start posting on social media today to get your followers excited for the big day.
- Include a P.S. about #GivingTuesday in this week’s Thanksgiving email blast to your supporters.
- Create your #GivingTuesday imagery, tagline, online donation page, and hashtag. Use the #GivingTuesday logo for instant recognition.
- Draft social media posts, texts, and emails now so you can send them easily throughout the day.
- Test everything!
- Launch your #GivingTuesday online donation page and share it on social media.
- Feature your donation button on your website and link directly to your #GivingTuesday donation page.
- Send up to three emails and text messages promoting day-of giving. Best times are early morning, noon, and early evening.
- Include a link to your #GivingTuesday donation page in your email signature.
- Thank donors on social media throughout the day. Tag them along with your #GivingTuesday hashtag.
Keep the Momentum Going Through December 31
- Launch your follow up communications, social media posts, and press release to share the results of your #GivingTuesday campaign with your community.
- Celebrate with your donors. Post a thank you image and message on social media and your website.
- Send thank you emails and letters by the end of the week.
- Call any donors who made significant gifts.
Ask us how you can do more this #GivingTuesday with an all-in-one fundraising software.
Tips to Rock #GivingTuesday Virtual Conference
We’ve put together a special virtual conference on #GivingTuesday and Year-End fundraising. In this live-streaming workshop, we’ll give you the tools you need to have a successful #GivingTuesday and year-end fundraising campaign. Watch the Recording.
12:00-1:00 p.m. — Customer Spotlight: How This Small Nonprofit Rocks Out Fundraising Campaigns
Kimberley O’Donnell, Lead Coach, Network for Good
Alison Cook Beatty, Founder, Alison Cook Beatty Dance
Hear firsthand how this nonprofit successfully launched their first fundraising campaign.
1:00-2:00 p.m. — The Story of Giving Tuesday
Asha Curran, Chief Innovation Officer and Director, Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact, 92nd Street Y
Hear directly from one of the original organizers of #GivingTuesday on how the model works.
2:00-3:00 p.m. — How to Take Advantage of Facebook’s Matching This #GivingTuesday
Kendra Sinclair, Strategic Partner Manager, Facebook
Learn strategies to use this #GivingTuesday to take advantage of the charitable matching on Facebook.
3:00-4:00 p.m. — Five Weeks and Counting
David King, President and CEO, Alexander Haas, Inc.
With only 5 weeks left in the year, what should you be doing to reach your year-end fundraising goals
Having all your information at your fingertips and being able to quickly and easily communicate with your donors takes your fundraising to a whole new level. Ask us how to boost your #GivingTuesday and year-end success with fundraising software & free support.