Your donor thank you message is an important step in engaging with your donors. Finding the right balance of formality and personality can be the difference between a one-time donor and a life-long donor. From thank you letters to emails to personal phone calls, how you express your thanks says a lot about your organization.
Ready to go beyond the traditional donor thank you?
9 Unique Donor Acknowledgment Messages
- Send a birthday card to donors, reminding them how important they are to the work your organization accomplishes.
- Have your board members personally call donors to say thank you.
- Ask those who directly benefit from donations to write a handwritten note of thanks. For nonprofits helping animals, say thank you with photos (or a paw print).
- Create a YouTube video to thank donors when you reach a campaign goal.
- Have some exciting news to share? Send a special announcement to donors with images and a note to thank them for making the accomplishment possible.
- Invite donors to a thank you reception. Show your appreciation and get face time with your donors; giving you the opportunity to learn more about why they support your organization.
- Many organizations send thank you cards and year-end appeals during the November/December holiday season. Don’t overlook other holidays as occasions to express your thanks.
- Dedicate social media shout-outs to thank and recognize donors.
- Send donors a Top 10 List of accomplishments for the year demonstrating how their donations made an impact. After all, without their support, you wouldn’t have a Top 10 List to share!
Download our eGuide, “How To Write Better Donor Thank Yous,” for more on how to show your gratitude and engage donors.