Spring is in the air and it’s the perfect time to launch a fundraising campaign. Use this time to engage and renew donors, attract prospects, build awareness, and plant the seeds that sustain your organization. Tailor your spring campaign to:
- Raise funds to support a new initiative.
- Expand the impact of your annual gala.
- Boost your end-of-fiscal-year giving.
You’re just 30 days away from launching a winning spring campaign. Use the steps found in our 30-Day Spring Fundraising Plan to plan and execute your spring campaign and raise more money before summer begins. Want a taste of what’s in the guide? Here are three areas you can’t afford to miss.
Establish Action Plans
To create the most compelling spring campaign that will generate the greatest impact—financial, engagement, awareness—consider your fundraising and nonfundraising objectives, and then answer the following questions:
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- What would the ideal results look like?
- Whom are you trying to target?
- What do you most want them to do for your organization?
- What call to action would motivate your target audience?
- Would a one-time donation or recurring gift raise the most funds?
Choose Your Focus or Theme
A good fundraising campaign calls for so much more than simply communicating your organization’s financial needs. Develop a campaign theme and call to action that is compelling, donor-centric, and tells a personal story.
Focus your appeal on an individual and their story to better resonate with donors on an emotional level. Incorporate photos that capture who your donor can help and what they can achieve through your mission and programs. Imagery can create a powerful attachment between your donor and your subject. Use similar imagery on your donation page to continue that connection through the entire donation process.
Create Appeals and Assets
The design of your appeal is the heart and soul of your spring campaign. Its impact and effectiveness will directly determine your fundraising results. Create an appeal that:
- Features donor-driven, inspiring content.
- Shares a relevant story that climaxes with an emotional hook.
- Focuses on the impact a donor’s gift will have.
- Specifies a call to action with a sense of urgency.
- Include images and materials that demonstrate value and quality.
Want more spring campaign tips? Download the 30-Day Spring Fundraising Plan today!