How to Pull off an Awesome Last-Minute #GivingTuesday
GivingTuesday is here! If you weren’t planning on participating or didn’t have time to create an awesome campaign this year, you’re probably thinking it’s too late now. Not so!
There’s plenty you can do to take advantage of this global giving movement and Network for Good has the resources you need. Use our Ultimate #GivingTuesday Checklist to make sure you’re ready for the big day and beyond.
5 Steps to an Awesome Last-Minute #GivingTuesday
1. Launch #GivingTuesday banner on your homepage and add the #GivingTuesday logo to your online donation page.
2. Use the email program in your Donor Management System to send a quick a #GivingTuesday email blast. Send one in the morning and one at the end of the day. This doesn’t need to be complicated – just take an appeal that has worked for you in the past, add the GivingTuesday logo, and tell your donors why you’ve decided to participate in GivingTuesday.
3. On your social media channels, share impact stories and call out your donors throughout the day. Be sure to use the GivingTuesday hashtag (#GivingTuesday).
4. The day after #GivingTuesday, post a thank you banner on your website and social media for gifts received on #GivingTuesday.
5. Remove any references to #GivingTuesday on your website and donation pages by Thursday, December 5 to refocus on your year-end campaign.