According to M+R’s Benchmarks Study for 2018, monthly giving revenue increased by 40 percent. A monthly, or recurring, gifts program builds a community of loyal, engaged donors; while simultaneously providing the regular income you can depend on.
Recurring gifts are also the best prevention against lapsed donors. Someone who commits to a regular gift to your organization is with you for the long haul.
By the Numbers
Follow this step-by-step checklist to keep your monthly donors connected and engaged.
- Customize your online giving page to reflect your monthly recurring gifts program.
- Make the giving process obvious, easy, and transparent.
- Feature your donate button prominently on your website and include a link in all of your online outreach.
- Provide the option to choose monthly giving in every ask, appeal, and campaign in order to help donors realize giving more is possible.
- Add impact labels to monthly giving levels to illustrate what a gift can do.
- Create a special membership program to foster a sense of belonging.
- Design a special thank you and stewardship program for monthly donors.
- Include updates on your monthly giving program in your annual report, newsletters, and on your organization’s website.
- Plan a dedicated monthly giving campaign to target donors who may be more likely to give on a monthly basis.
- Develop ways to upgrade monthly donors to new giving levels over time.
- Track your progress and measure which methods are most successful in creating new monthly donors.
- Share results, stories, and updates on the impact of your recurring donors.
Download our eGuide, “How To Enhance Your Donor Engagement,” for more on how to engage your donors.