Looking for a way to expand your nonprofit’s reach this spring? Events are a great way to interact with and engage more donors. Ninety-five percent of nonprofits run at least one event each year, and half of them host at least one auction as part of that event. Implementing virtual event technology like Network for Good’s Events and Auctions platform allows you to host virtual and hybrid events and enhance your in-person events, ultimately reaching more supporters.
Not sure how to get started? We’ve got you covered. Here are five tips for hosting seamless events this spring:
1. Survey Your Supporters, Board, and Staff.
First and foremost, it’s important to gauge the interest of your key stakeholders when planning your event. Take the time to survey your supporters, board members, and staff to determine what type of event is the best course of action for your nonprofit. Should your event be fully virtual, or does an in-person component make sense? How many people are likely to attend the in-person event should you offer that option? It’s important to understand your guests’ perspectives before moving forward.
2. Plan Your Event.
Once you have determined what type of event you would like to host, start planning. Download our Events and Auctions Timeline to assist with your planning process and learn more about how to promote your event with 4 Tips for Your Nonprofit Event Promotion Strategy.
3. Consider Implementing Virtual Event Elements.
This is a great way to engage with a larger audience and reach more supporters. Consider capturing some pre-recorded content that can be shared both in-person and virtually. Prepare talking points for your speakers that include interactions with the virtual audience so that they feel more engaged with the event. Finally, utilize Network for Good’s events platform to bring your virtual event to life:
- Host your event on a YouTube or Vimeo event page optimized for attendee engagement through chat and on-page donations.
- Utilize a live donor scroll, text-to-give, and real-time giving thermometer to engage with donors no matter where they are.
- Allow attendees to register quickly and easily with no usernames or passwords via our easy user interface. Plus, you can offer promo codes to increase attendance and ticket sales.
Value Add: Check out two real-life hybrid event success stories from Network for Good customers.
4. Host an Auction to Boost Donations.
Auctions are a tried-and-true way to boost fundraising revenue during nonprofit events. Our auction platform allows you to seamlessly host auctions without using paper bid sheets, plus supporters can participate from anywhere, whether they are at the event or not. Our auctions platform allows for an intuitive bidding experience so bidders can:
- Sign up quickly and easily—no username or password needed.
- Participate from anywhere using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Make a wish list.
- Keep track of bids.
- Receive outbid notifications on their phone.
- Self-checkout and receive automated receipts at the end of the event.
Hosting a virtual auction through Network for Good is an easy way to engage your supporters both in-person and virtually during your hybrid event.
5. Follow-up with Both In-Person and Virtual Attendees.
It’s important to follow up with your attendees after your event. Send them a thank you note and share the highlights and results of your event. How much did you raise and what impact will those dollars make? Network for Good’s Events and Auctions platform is integrated with the donor management system, allowing you to easily pull a list of event attendees and interact with them in a variety of ways.
Interested in learning more about Network for Good’s Events and Auctions platform? Request a demo of this upgrade and learn more today!
Published: January 24, 2023